Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Lord's Day

Today was full of emotion for Gail and I. Full of anxiety for me because I delivered the morning sermon to our church family! Full of sadness because next Sunday will be our last Lord's day with our church family until we return next May. But most of all full of excitement over the adventure the Lord has in store for us in Cambodia.
I challenged the Village Church of Christ to be alert to God's calling. He is forever calling us to Him and back to Him as we stay away. When we receive His call to the Christian Life, He then calls us to a holy life of service. (II Tim. 1:7-9)
We leave in less than five days and are working feverishly to tie up all loose ends we are aware of. Hopefully, the ones we are not aware of will be small ones! We are both feeling small symptoms of unease as our departure day approaches. Keep us in your prayers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Mitchell said...

Rick and Gail,
You can never know the full impact that you have had on my life. Rick, I will always consider you a true mentor that shaped me and guided me through the green years of my ministry. Gail, I will never forget the promptings to work harder and strive toward a better goal. I thank you both for the love and patient prodding that has kept me ever reaching for perfection in Christ. You will be missed greatly by this family. The question remains: What will we do without you?

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home